JMI Sports is seeking a professional sales executive to sell conceptual corporate sponsorship packages along with local radio, television, print and digital media. Must have a proven ability to solve marketing problems, develop and present creative proposals to clients, and achieve client revenue and company sales goals. Sales experience within a sports and/or university environment a plus. Must be extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This full-time position is offered in Pittsburgh, PA with occassional local and regional travel.
• Collaborate with Vice President, Sponsorship Sales on priorities and approach to the market
• Research and identify new prospects and partners for sponsorship of targeted events and programs
• Develop and maintain relationships with brand decision makers and advertising agencies
• Work with management to strategize, develop and create sponsorship and marketing presentations
• Secure and conduct face-to-face sales meetings by leveraging relationships as well as through cold calling
• Negotiate and close sponsorship deals and work with management through contract execution
• Maintain detailed CRM of all relevant sponsor communications
• Contribute thoughts or actions to boost overall revenues for company and partner university
• 5-7+ years of successful and creative sponsorship/advertising/media sales experience or equivalent
• Understanding of sponsorship sales, event marketing and activation process
• Understanding of digital media and media/advertising buys
• Ability to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
• Ability to quickly grasp consultative sales techniques
• Excellence in pitching, negotiating and closing advertising or sponsorship deals
• Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize and immediately respond to client requests
• Ability to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential partners’ needs
• Organized, self-motivated and curious
• Professional communication skills, including strong writing abilities
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
• Applicants with experience using KORE will get our attention
• Ability to generate new business and upsell existing clients and sponsors
ABOUT JMI SPORTS
JMI Sports is a full-service collegiate marketing firm providing the highest quality management of athletics multimedia rights. Breaking new ground in the creation of the Total Campus Marketing program, JMI Sports works hand-in-hand with each university in the pursuit of their success, maximizing their economic potential. JMI Sports adds the University of Pittsburgh to an impressive list of signature partnerships, including Clemson University, the University of Kentucky, the Ivy League, the University of Pennsylvania, and joint-venture properties of the University of Georgia and Columbia University (with IMG College), as well as the University of Notre Dame (with Legends). Founded in 2006 by Erik Judson and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres, JMI Sports is also a highly regarded project manager for the development of collegiate and professional sports facilities.
ABOUT PITT SPORTS MARKETING
JMI Sports was recently awarded official multimedia rights as the corporate sponsorship partner of the University of Pittsburgh Athletic Department. Operating as Pitt Sports Marketing, our team works as an extension of Pitt to expand partnerships with corporate sponsors and enhance multimedia platforms, highlighting Pitt’s remarkable athletic programs. The Panthers rich athletics history, originally established in 1869, currently supports 19 varsity sports and boasts national championships in Football (nine) and Basketball (two). The Pitt Sports Marketing team is focused on building valuable long-term relationships between the University and its partners to achieve the unique and multi-faceted business objectives of each company. Our team approaches sponsorship solutions with creativity, customizing marketing opportunities to help our clients activate sponsorship opportunities that support their goals enhancing the fan experience at athletic events.
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and 401k plan.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, noting job title and property name in subject line. No phone calls.
JMI Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.