JMI Sports is seeking an experienced sales leader who can conceptualize, develop and secure key corporate sponsorships, marketing and digital media partnerships with companies wishing to maximize their relationship with the university. The right candidate will deftly navigate the campus structure and work with the entire property sales team, including athletics, increasing account coverage and developing innovative opportunities for collaborative sales and overall property success. Strong relationships with C-level corporate decision makers is critically important. Must be extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This full-time position is located in Lexington, KY.
• Research and identify industries and organizations to solicit for sponsorship of targeted events
• Conceptualize and develop new revenue streams for the university
• Create conceptual campus sponsorship packages that can be bundled with university and athletics inventory to maximize exposure and results for sponsors
• Develop and maintain relationships with top brand decision makers and their advertising agencies
• Secure and conduct face-to-face sales meetings by leveraging relationships as well as through cold calling
• Strategize, develop and create sponsorship and marketing presentations
• Negotiate and close sponsorship deals and work with legal counsel through contract execution
• Create financial analysis of sponsorship deals detailing gross fee, activation costs and net sponsorship
• Oversee industry and competitive analysis to highlight category trends and competitive dynamics
• Monitor productivity/quotas of sales staff and manage direct reports in achieving and exceeding goals
• Supervise account management team to ensure proper delivery of all promised benefits
• Establish best practices and implement effective and competitive sales strategies
• Assist in the planning, implementation and sales of a proposed new campus digital network
• Serve as key contact with university leadership across campus
• 8-10 years successful and creative sponsorship sales experience
• Key relationships with senior level marketing executives with national/regional brands
• Knowledge of sponsorship programs that include content development and distribution for radio, television, websites, plus digital and social media
• Understanding of sponsorship sales, event marketing and activation, as well as media/advertising buys
• Understanding and appreciation for university and state procurement procedures and policies
• Experience in developing, pricing and managing sales of bundled assets
• Excellence in pitching, negotiating and closing six and seven figure sponsorship deals
• Ability to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
• Ability to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential partners’ needs
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships at all levels within a major university
• Ability to quickly earn trust, develop strong peer level relationships and work in a team environment
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and 401k plan.
ABOUT JMI SPORTS
JMI Sports is a full-service collegiate marketing firm providing the highest quality management of athletics multimedia rights and breaking new ground in the creation of Total Campus Marketing programs, maximizing the economic potential of universities. Clients include Clemson University, University of Kentucky, University of Pennsylvania, University of Georgia and the Ivy League. JMI Sports is also a highly regarded project manager for the development of collegiate and professional sports facilities. JMI Sports was founded in 2006 by CEO Erik Judson, and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres.
ABOUT UK SPORTS & CAMPUS MARKETING
JMI Sports is the official multimedia rights and corporate sponsorship partner of the University of Kentucky. Operating as UK Sports & Campus Marketing, our team works as an extension of the University and UK Athletics to secure and manage partnerships with media outlets and corporate sponsors. By creating customized marketing solutions that achieve the unique and multi-faceted business objectives of each company, we seek to build valuable long-term relationships between the University and its partners, while enhancing the experience at athletic events, on campus and across all digital platforms. UK Sports & Campus Marketing is led by President Paul Archey, former senior vice president of international business for Major League Baseball.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, noting job title in the subject line.
No phone calls.