San Diego, CA
JMI Sports is seeking an experienced IT professional who excels in a fast-paced environment, possesses excellent communication skills, and has a proven track record developing and managing IT programs. The right candidate will have a high degree of technical aptitude over a variety of personal computing hardware and networking disciplines. This person will perform both project and day-to-day support of hardware, software, networks and technical operations to the company and each of its properties. With support from localized third-party providers, this hire will oversee and execute IT procurement, planning, best practices, preventative maintenance, security, and user troubleshooting for our busy, growing, and constantly evolving company. In addition, this position will manage the company’s KORE Software platform. Must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. A successful candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. This full-time position is offered in San Diego, CA, and reports to the SVP, Business Operations. Occasional travel required to support our six offices across the US.
- Manage the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
- Set up employee work areas with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Procurement and asset management of new IT hardware, software, network and miscellaneous equipment
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely, and via phone
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, Apple Macs, operating systems, hardware, and software
- Source new hardware, troubleshoot slow-downs and crashes, advise on third party database software, and configure servers for email, web hosting, remote access and cloud-based services
- Keep current with latest technologies
- Develop cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Network hardware support (printers, firewall, switches, routers, servers, workstations, etc.)
- User Management and support including onboarding/offboarding employees; assigning, transferring, backing up, updating and terminating user access
- Administer systems for tracking corporate and onsite property equipment inventory and access
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Maintain and improve process efficiency (cost), process performance (throughput) and process vulnerability (security)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for end-user technical issues
- Manage technical support operations, troubleshoot issues to identify root causes and prevent recurrence
- Advise senior executives on emerging technologies and digital trends relevant to the company’s goals and future needs; recommend opportunities to pursue evolving technology/digital solutions to help drive business success
- Develop and maintain company’s KORE Software platforms for each of our properties including user access, security, data control, and inventory management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in computer networks and system maintenance
- 5+ years’ experience on current network operating systems
- 5+ years’ experience providing end user technical support
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate well with all employees within the organization
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and of computer hardware/software/network systems
- The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a non-technical audience
- Resourcefulness and efficiency in providing solutions to unknown issues
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Ability to multi-task and manage a multitude of projects and initiatives
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- Possess exceptional ethics, honesty, and integrity as well as complete respect for confidentiality and the appropriateness of communication
- Well versed in database management, information security, network and system administration
- Team oriented
- Candidates with KORE Software experience will be of particular interest
ABOUT JMI SPORTS
JMI Sports is a fast growing, full-service collegiate marketing firm providing the highest quality management of athletics multimedia rights and breaking new ground in the creation of campus-wide sponsorship programs, maximizing the economic potential of universities. Clients include Clemson University, University of Kentucky, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Georgia, Columbia University and the Ivy League. JMI Sports is also a highly regarded project manager for the development of collegiate and professional sports facilities. JMI Sports was founded in 2006 by CEO Erik Judson, and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres.
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and 401k plan.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, noting job title in the subject line. No phone calls.
JMI Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.