JMI Sports is seeking a strong sales candidate to manage multimedia sales and marketing for the Ivy League conference. The right applicant will have proven success personally developing and securing key corporate sponsorships, closing marketing deals, and securing media partnerships. Must have a high level of aptitude in developing collaborative relationships and adaptive deal-building, quickly grasping the full potential of bundling conference athletic opportunities, and constantly providing innovative ideas and solutions. A successful applicant will embrace and aggressively integrate social media and technology into new programming and inventory development. Must possess strong, senior level corporate relationships locally, regionally and nationally. Must maintain excellent relationships with top Ivy League and member university administrators, Athletics staff, and coaches. Strategic planning, entrepreneurial talent, budgeting and employee development skills are also highly desirable. This full-time position is located within the Ivy League Conference footprint.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement sales strategies to generate revenue streams for The Ivy League
- Research and identify industries and companies to solicit for sponsorship of Ivy League Championships
- Collaborate with Ivy League executive teams on development of effective business strategies
- Oversee industry and competitor analysis to highlight category trends and competitive dynamics
- Build individualized sponsorship and marketing presentations to address sponsor targets and goals
- Leverage relationships with top brand decision makers and their advertising agencies
- Secure and conduct face-to-face sales meetings with existing relationships as well as through cold calling
- Provide financial analysis of sponsorship deals detailing gross fee, activation costs and net sponsorship
- Negotiate and close sponsorship deals and work with legal counsel through contract execution
- Grow and manage sponsor relationships, including exceptional fulfillment and activation results to achieve true partnership results
- Manage and direct sales and fulfillment strategies including leading and demonstrating best practices, as directed by the Company
- Monitor productivity/quotas of staff and manage direct reports in achieving and exceeding goals
- Contribute efforts to grow revenues for The Ivy League and the Company
- 8+ years senior-level, successful and creative sponsorship sales experience or equivalent
- Successful experience developing and managing budgets
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Key relationships with senior level marketing executives with national/regional brands
- Knowledge of collegiate sports marketing including content development and distribution for radio, television, websites, plus digital and social media
- Working experience with sponsorship sales, event marketing and activation
- Understanding of media/advertising buys
- Experience in managing sales of bundled assets including naming rights
- Demonstrated experience with technology integration
- Understanding of the University environment
- Ability to conceptualize, propose, sell and activate innovative marketing programs that help sponsors achieve their goals and objectives
- Excellent skills with standard office software including the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellence in pitching, negotiating and closing six and seven figure sponsorship deals
- Ability to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative relationships at all levels within a major university
- Ability to develop strong peer level relationships and work in a team environment
- Graduate degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Applicants with KORE experience will gain our attention
ABOUT JMI SPORTS
JMI Sports is a full-service collegiate marketing firm providing the highest quality management of athletics multimedia rights and breaking new ground in the creation of the Total Campus Marketing program to maximize economic potential. Working hand-in-hand with each university partner in the pursuit of their success, JMI Sports represents an impressive list of signature partnerships including the University of Kentucky, Clemson University, the Ivy League, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, and joint-venture properties of the University of Georgia and Columbia University (with IMG College), as well as the University of Notre Dame (with Legends). Founded in 2006 by Erik Judson and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres, JMI Sports is also a highly regarded project manager for the development of collegiate and professional sports facilities.
ABOUT IVY LEAGUE SPORTS MARKETING
JMI Sports is the official sponsorship rights partner of the Ivy League. Operating as Ivy League Sports Marketing since 2016, our team works as an extension of the conference to secure and manage partnerships with corporate sponsors. By targeting elite brands and creating customized solutions that achieve the unique and multi-faceted marketing objectives of each company, we seek to build valuable long-term relationships and increase exposure of the League’s prestigious brand, while improving the fan experience at games and championship events.
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and 401k plan.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, noting job title and property name in subject line. No phone calls.
JMI Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.