JMI Sports is seeking an experienced legal counsel who will work with company leadership to promote and protect the company’s interests across all sectors of the firm. As a core part of the JMI Sports team, the successful candidate will proactively counsel internal clients, negotiate agreements, support innovative organizational initiatives, and mitigate legal risks across the company and operations. The successful candidate must have excellent time management skills to work independently as well as collaboratively with the JMI Sports executive leadership team, servicing many requests at a time. Must be extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This full-time position is located in San Diego, CA.
- Managing the day-to-day legal and compliance matters of the company and negotiations of Company contracts, including those relating to: Sales & Marketing; Broadcasting; Virtual Sports; Facility Development; Partnership Activities; Intellectual Property; Commercial Insurance Policy Acquisition and Coverage, Employment Law, Information Technology, Internal Operations, Operating Contract; Litigation, Special Projects
- Providing a single point of evaluation and review for all legal matters related to business activity, ensuring consistency of contractual standards, and increasing efficiency in contract negotiations, including managing internal processes for contract education, preparation, and negotiation
- Maintaining the firm’s corporate records
- Proactively monitoring legal matters that may impact operations, revenues, activities, contracts, or planned opportunities; educate and advise executive team on necessary items and develop ongoing processes and programs to address needs as they arise
- Leading corporate Risk Management efforts, including insurance sourcing to ensure business remains adequately protected in connection with existing and potential future business opportunities (e.g. data privacy and cyber security, NCAA compliance, NIL); manage insurance claims process, contract compliance reviews, certificate requests and obligations, and develop a traceable system for properties to maintain necessary records for the same
- J.D. from an accredited law school with excellent academic credentials and bar membership in good standing
- Four to six years of experience with a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with contract negotiation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and ability to maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Astute, detail-oriented self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Must be able to independently identify and prioritize projects, manage workflow, and complete projects under time pressure
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
JMI Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.