JMI Sports is seeking a professional sales executive to sell conceptual corporate sponsorship packages along with local radio, television, print and digital media. Must have a proven ability to solve marketing problems, develop and present creative proposals to clients, and achieve client revenue and company sales goals. Sales experience within a sports and/or university environment a plus. Must be extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This full-time position is offered in Greenville, SC, with regular travel to Clemson, SC, and other local and regional travel.
• Collaborate with Vice President, Sponsorship Sales on priorities and approach to the market
• Research and identify new prospects and partners for sponsorship of targeted events and programs
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with established and new accounts
• Work with management to strategize, develop and create sponsorship and marketing presentations
• Secure and conduct face-to-face sales meetings by leveraging relationships as well as through cold calling
• Negotiate and close sponsorship deals and work with management through contract execution
• Maintain detailed CRM of all relevant sponsor communications
• Contribute thoughts or actions to boost overall revenues for company and partner university
• 7+ years of successful and creative sponsorship/advertising/media sales experience
• Understanding of sponsorship sales, event marketing and activation process
• Understanding of digital media and media/advertising buys
• Ability to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
• Ability to quickly grasp consultative sales techniques
• Excellence in pitching, negotiating and closing advertising or sponsorship deals
• Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize and immediately respond to client requests
• Ability to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential partners’ needs
• Organized, self-motivated and curious
• Professional communication skills, including strong writing abilities
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
ABOUT CLEMSON SPORTS & CAMPUS MARKETING
JMI Sports is the official multimedia rights and corporate sponsorship partner of Clemson University. Operating as Clemson Sports & Campus Marketing, our team works as an extension of Clemson University and Clemson Athletics to expand partnerships with corporate sponsors and enhance multimedia platforms. The Clemson Tigers Network is the platform for live radio and audio streaming broadcasts for football, basketball and baseball games and related programming. By creating customized marketing solutions that achieve the unique and multi-faceted business objectives of each company, we seek to build valuable long-term relationships between the University and its partners, while enhancing the experience at athletic events, on campus and across all digital platforms.
ABOUT JMI SPORTS
JMI Sports is a full-service collegiate marketing firm providing the highest quality management of athletics multimedia rights and breaking new ground in the creation of campus-wide sponsorship programs, maximizing the economic potential of universities. Clients include Clemson University, University of Kentucky, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Georgia, Columbia University and the Ivy League. JMI Sports is also a highly regarded project manager for the development of collegiate and professional sports facilities. JMI Sports was founded in 2006 by CEO Erik Judson, and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres.
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, noting job title in the subject line.
No phone calls.
JMI Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join our team.